House Watch

As a courtesy to all Albany citizens, Police Officers will conduct Residence Checks of your home at your request if, for instance, you are leaving town on vacation for an extended period of time.

Request A Residential Check
To request a residential check, download the House Watch Request Form and return it to the Albany Police Department located at 400 Railroad Ave. or fax it to (320) 845-2204.

Residents requesting vacation house checks must secure all doors and windows before leaving. Any open doors and windows will be investigated by an officer and the house will be secured.

All residential check information is confidential/private data and will not be shared with the public; it is provided only to the officers assigned.